Social Media and Creative Coordinator
Tourism and Sports Marketing
Pay Range: $22.86/hr. - $34.17/hr. ($47,548.80 - $71,073.60/annually)
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (40 Hours/Week)
Location: 2701 Lake Myrtle Park Road, Auburndale
Apply Before: 03/13/2023, 11:59 PM
* This position is NOT eligible for work from home or hybrid status*
Health Benefits Package, Including Paid Holidays
Must have the physical, developmental and metal ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
Implement Polk County Tourism and Sports Marketing’s (PCTSM) social media, content and digital strategies that drive engagement with the Visit Central Florida brand and stakeholders through real time interaction, engagement and social media monitoring. This position will also manage in house creative development and graphic design, including print and electronic marketing materials and campaigns. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the current social media landscape and have a passion for content development, including but not limited to: video, writing and photography.
- Maintains and manages all PCTSM social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest). This includes posting, monitoring and reporting performance analysis and metrics.
- Manages editorial calendar and regularly creates blog posts to create interest and awareness for special events throughout Polk County. This includes covering and promoting the opening of new attractors, restaurants and shopping opportunities. The purpose of this content is to drive traffic to PCTSM’s websites, create engagement with the visitor and ultimately influence their planning process to increase the chances that they will select Polk County as their vacation destination.
- Assists in the implementation and promotion of digital campaigns with consumers to promote attractions, dining, and special events and measures the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Independently drafts, prepares, proofreads, types and posts stories or information on all PCTSM websites and social media outlets.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of tourism and sports marketing special events (currently more than 240 annually).
- Engages PCTSM’s online community and proactively responds to brand related conversations to build personal relationships and credibility for PCTSM brands and key stakeholders.
- Utilizes social media monitoring tools to understand current conversations and how they can create new engagement opportunities. Monitors ongoing social and cultural conversation to identify and implement “real time” opportunities to promote Polk County as a tourism destination across all social media platforms.
- Works with partners to develop and execute social media campaigns and event promotion.
- Attends tourism and sports marketing related events throughout the county to create Social Media and web content.
- Works cross functionally with PR, sales and events teams to develop social media campaigns and ideas.
- Develops monthly creative content through PCTSM’s blogs that will also funnel content to social media accounts, which drive engagement and time on site metrics for PCTSM websites.
- Plans, creates and implements editorial content calendars across Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- Plans, creates and executes paid advertising campaigns across Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & LinkedIn in coordination with PCTSM’s overall advertising plan. This includes managing social ad plans, ad placement, ad optimization & ad budgets.
- Produce copy and work with visual tools (Adobe Creative Suite or similar) or the visual creative suite to develop content in accordance with the social media strategy and plans.
- Collect user generated content (UGC) and develop and execute strategy for engagement and reposting this content.
- Knowledge of using social media platforms for a business/brand. Including all functions, business, account, page and profile settings.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics as well as research audience preferences and discover current trends
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new tourism related business in Polk County.
- Daily monitoring and management of competitive and complementary brands on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram & LinkedIn.
- Develop creative concepts and pitch social media ad campaigns with tourism team.
- Maintain and present up-to-date trends, platform changes, and new regulations across social networks.
- Create and present social media reports for Key Performance Indicators (KPI): monthly, quarterly and annually to management.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have proficient knowledge of Facebook Business Manager and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Analyze, track and produce performance and productivity reports on social media engagement on a monthly basis and as needed.
- Work closely with Polk County’s private sector tourism industry partners on social media initiatives to further the reach and effectiveness of the Polk County Tourism and Sports Marketing message and to drive additional overnight stays and create brand awareness.
- Create and manage all in house design work, including print, digital and out of home media projects, collateral materials, presentations and reports. These projects will align with PCTSM’s current advertising campaigns and branding.
- Work with Senior Tourism Sales and Marketing Manager to assist with PCTSM’s annual media planning and placements.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Must possess two (2) years of experience within a social media team for a brand or agency.
- Must have experience managing consumer facing conversations and a corporate social media account.
- Must have firm understanding of how consumers/customers want to engage with brands on social media.
- Must have experience integrating social media efforts into broader media and marketing strategies.
- Must have experience developing content for social media channels.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be familiar with creating editorial calendars and working interdepartmentally to create content.
- Must have a passion for harnessing the power of social media to drive business results.
- Must be an active learner and forward thinker who is able to identify evolving media trends and has the ability to adapt quickly to new technology.
- Must be flexible, a creative thinker and a problem solver, accustomed to working in teams.
- Must have a passion for Polk County and be knowledgeable of the destination’s culture, attractions, history, restaurants and trends.
- Must be knowledgeable of photography, videography, graphic design and associated programs.
- Must have a knowledge of social media management and analytics tools.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited four (4) year college/university, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, or communications.
- Must have a minimum of TWO (2) years of experience in social media content creation, managing social media campaigns using multiple platforms, working in a social media dashboard and providing analysis, interpreting analytics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of employment.
- A comparable amount of related training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Prefer applicants have prior experience in the tourism and/or sports marketing industry and have a strong background in graphic design.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.
Click Here to Apply Now: https://fa-eqpz-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/996/apply/email?utm_medium=jobshare